No more puppy mills! NPMP's mission is to end commercial puppy-breeding (puppy mills) and the inhumane treatment of dogs used as breeding stock.
Our mission will be accomplished by:
- Empowering independent, grassroots animal welfare organizations and advocates across the nation. By connecting, informing, inspiring and sharing promising practices, intellectual capital and expertise, we can enable each to make a distinctive impact in their respective communities and states.
- Raising public awareness and educating consumers about puppy mill cruelty and the consequences of buying puppies from pet stores, websites and classified ads.
- Advocating for the end of commercial puppy breeding by uniting and mobilizing our members and their many supporters as a powerful national voice.
- Working collaboratively with other animal welfare organizations working on ending puppy mill cruelty.
Over the next three years, our goals are to:
- Build a strong national coalition with members representing every state, empower members to make a distinctive impact in their respective states and, collectively, make an impact at the national level.
- Make the cause accessible to more people and help them better understand its connection to them, so informed consumers no longer buy puppy mill puppies nor support businesses that do.
- Reach beyond our core group of true believers to mobilize millions of animal lovers as a powerful national voice, so puppies are no longer bred commercially or regulated as agriculture.